Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Boo!

You may think during this, the month o' Halloween, that the title of this blog has something to do with ghosts or goblins. Unfortunately, no. It has to do with yesterday's weigh-in. Plus 3 lbs. Ugh!

I was somewhat prepared for this - in the general sense that no one goes through a process like this without some setbacks, and in the realization that I was in Lincoln last weekend for a family wedding, back in town for a nap, and then off to my parents' for Dad's birthday dinner.

I tried to be smart and pack some food for last weekend's trek to Lincoln, but the cooler I had it in didn't exactly keep things cool. When you're dealing with eggs, that's a deal-breaker! So my good intentions for some meals were foiled by that. My good intentions with other meals...well...they might not have existed in the first place. I did try in the sense that I knew I was going to be out of town eating out, and at a wedding buffet, but I didn't try in that when said buffet had roasted fried chicken on it, I went for it! And man did it taste good! As did the wedding cake...and the prime rib at Dad's birthday dinner. And did I mention Dad's birthday cake?!

I think you're probably getting it at this point - yesterday's weigh-in was no big surprise. On the upside, my prayer as I stepped on the scale was "please God, less than 5 pounds gain...please!" So if I look at it from that angle, success! And overall I have still lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks. I've lost the advantage of that's first week's launch to success, but I'm still on track.

Now the tricky part. Tomorrow we are leaving for Nashville for 5 days. Another wedding, more eating out, more challenges. I have done some smart stuff in preparation - I bought lots of 100 and 200 calorie snacks and am prepping them to go with us. I've planned the snacks for every day so that even if I am eating my main meals out, I'm in control of the snacks. And, given last week's set back, I am more focused on being good. And I'm taking a better cooler!

The workouts will also be a challenge since there's no good way to pack my TV, DVDs, wave, weights, etc. So I have planned on treadmill or elipitical time each day we're on the road to keep me moving.

Wish me luck! This is going to be tricky!

XO ~
ColeyCook

No comments:

Post a Comment