Friday, October 9, 2009

Ready for the Weekend

Greetings! This week has gone pretty well, not bad by most measures. I haven't missed any workouts - although this morning I did Rock It Off Express instead of Rock It Off, Express Cardio - and with the exception of the frozen salad the other day, I have stuck to my food plan.

I have this lovely Friday off, but I did my morning workout and ate a cottage cheese parfait for breakfast (one of my favorites!) and I'm getting ready to head out of town for the weekend. Tonight we head to Lincoln for Tyler's cousin's wedding tomorrow (congrats Erin & Mike!) and will return to Omaha on Sunday just in time for Tyler to teach bass lessons, then we'll head to Audubon to celebrate my Dad's birthday. ...then back home for work on Monday. Phew! This is going to be a busy one!

But the real challenge is eating smart this weekend. I have a good start - when selecting what we want at tonight's rehearsal dinner a few weeks ago, I chose the sirloin and salad instead of the rainbow chicken (delicious chicken smothered in cheese). And I'm packing healthy snacks and nutrition bars to try to have smart foods along the way. The meals themselves could be tricky, but I have to learn how to do this as best as I can. Especially considering we will be spending next weekend at a wedding in Nashville and the following weekend on vacation in Branson! Man! This could get tricky! But I'm up for it!

Happy Friday, all! Enjoy the snow! (EEK!)

XO ~
ColeyCook

No comments:

Post a Comment