Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 2 of 84: The Plan

So far, so good! The second workout went well - Rock it Off! Express - although I was pretty sure I was going to fall on my butt a few times. I am remembering as I do The Firm that you have to have at least a little coordination to do their programs . . . or a minor in dance might be helpful! Either way, I made it through, and it was fun. I can definitely feel it working, which is my favorite part of their workouts - the instant gratification of sore muscles.

Tomorrow I get a day of rest from the workouts, but depending on what time I get to bed tonight, I may get up and do some Wii yoga. At least something to get my mind awake for the day.

Speaking of getting to bed early - as I was heading to bed last night, I commented to Tyler that the way I think the way the BFL (
Body-for-Life) plan actually works is that you spend your whole night planning what you're going to eat for the next day, and then prepping it so it's all ready to go in the morning, and you're just too tired to eat after 8 p.m.. Either way - I'm good with it!

And speaking of Tyler, he's pretty sure that the BFL people and grocery stores are in cahoots. I will be making my third trip in as many days to Hy Vee this evening. Although in their defense, the only reason I had to go last night is because the bag boy left my goat cheese out of the bag the night before and I needed it for this morning. Which brings me to . . .

Today's eating plan! Here goes:

Meal 1: Goat cheese omelet (1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes and 1 ounce of crumbled goat cheese) with a side of mixed berries.

Meal 2: low-fat mozzerella string cheese and carrot sticks (The Firm calls for sliced bell pepper instead of carrots, but bell peppers make me sick.)

Meal 3: Greek Salad (2 cups lettuce, 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/4 cup feta cheese, 2 ounces baked chicken and 3 olives) dressed in 1 teaspoon olive oil and 2 teaspoons lemon juice, served with a 1/2 of a 6" whole-wheat pita.

Meal 4: 20 almonds

Meal 5: Marinated flank steak (balsamic vinegar and olive oil marinade) with steamed spinach and a tomato/onion salad, 1/2 of a 6" whole-wheat pita.

Meal 6: 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese, sliced tomato (or berries...not sure yet...this 6th meal doesn't exist in The Firm plan, and it's optional in BFL, so I'm sort of planning for that one, but knowing it might not happen.)

Along with the meals, I'm supposed to drink 11 - 12, 8 oz. glasses of water each day. This is not really a problem for me - I'm a water drinker anyway. But I haven't been drinking as much lately, so I'm making more and more trips to the bathroom. I'm just thinking of them as extra movement in my day. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is part 2 of this post - it's now 8:50 p.m., that was about 9:30 a.m. Today went well - my biggest realization the past 2 days is that I am desperately hungry after work! Days where I have anything after work before I can eat dinner (piano lessons, meetings), I am going to have to plan on a little later dinner and a second "snack" . . . or something. Anyway - here is today's progress and tomorrow's plan:

Meal 1: Goat cheese omelet and mixed berries - yum! I had a 1/2 cup less berries than they advised, but I wasn't hungry after the omelet and half the berries, so I didn't eat them.



Meal 2: I switched the plan up a bit and ate the almonds this morning instead of in the afternoon. They were almond-licious. Here's a pic of both of today's snacks because, let's face it, pictures of a bag of almonds, string cheese and carrot sticks aren't that exciting.



Meal 3: Greek salad - this was delish! Unfortunately I was in a meeting while I was having lunch, so I didn't get a picture. That's okay though - just trust me that it was scrumptious!

Meal 4: This is where the afore mentioned string cheese and carrot sticks come in.

Meal 5: Technically, I had a glass of skim milk to tide me over between work, piano lessons and dinner. Since this counts as a "Smart Protein", I am counting it as a meal.

Meal 6: Okay - speaking of delish! This was the planned meal 5 (steak, spinach, tomatoes, pita). Tyler just came home and commented that whatever it was I made for dinner smelled really good. He usually only says that about brownies. He's right - it smells (and tasted) great, and I'm thrilled that it's on the meal plan again Saturday night! Maybe they just threw in that bland chicken last night to throw us off. . . here's hoping!



Okay - tomorrow's plan:

Workout: Day o' rest! And I was going to get up and do yoga, but forget that - I'm sleeping in! However, I still want to do something active, so instead Tyler and I are going to do an after-dinner walk tomorrow. We usually walk from our apartment (83rd & Western-ish) to 90th & Western - about 14 blocks, or just over a mile. The intensity level will be lower than the other workouts, but that's okay.

Meal 1: Smoothie (1 c. vanilla soy milk, 1 T all-natural peanut butter, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract and ice). This will be my first experience with the soy milk and protein powder. We'll see how it goes.

Meal 2: 1 corn cake (similar to a rice cake) with 1 ounce of reduced-fat cheese. I'm actually looking forward to this. A little salt, a little crunch, and I LOVE the laughing cow reduced-fat cheese, which conveniently comes pre-packaged in 1 oz. wrappers! The corn cake was supposed to be a rice cake, but the rice cakes at Hy-Vee looked . . . gross. Like some hippy had just thrown them in a bag and sent them off. I'm not so sure that's not the case. But either way, I love to support corn farmers, so this is a better option anyway!

Meal 3: Tuna Salad on a bd of romaine lettuce and tomatoes with 2 melba toasts.

Meal 4: 2 celery sticks with 2 T all-natural peanut butter

Meal 5: Turkey Taco Salad - I get chips with this! Baked tortilla chips - I don't even care that they're baked!

Meal 6: 1/2 apple and 1/2 cup grapes

Till tomorrow . . .
XO ~
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment