Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's true!

Crazy, but true! I really did lose 10 pounds last week! I bought a new scale yesterday and then tested it out with the old one (the old one, by the way, had a crack in it...the question of whether or not it was broken was really more just me hating to spend money on things like scales).

The two scales are about 6 pounds apart - bummer because the new one is the heavier of the two - but that's not as bad as it could have been. I weighed myself last night and this morning, and they are consistently 6 pounds apart. The good, neigh, great! news is that I really did shed 10 pounds in my first week!!! TEN POUNDS! This week's new challenge has become to manage my expectations for next week's weigh-in. My new mantra is "one pound is progress."

The moral of the story is that this is a great way to kick-start my weight removal. I am excited to have lost that much weight, but am reminding myself that the vast majority of it was probably water weight. Not to mention that going from doing nothing to 5 intense workouts, measuring, planning and journaling your food intake is a big life change. I'm glad my body responded proportionately.

The next time I'm at the grocery store I'm going to pick up two 5 pound bags of flour to remind myself how I don't need to carry that weight around anymore.

XO ~
Nicole (minus 10 pounds)

No comments:

Post a Comment