Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 7 of 84

Day 7! One week (almost) over! Whoo hoo! I just sat down to update this while I enjoy today's lunch of spinach salad (spinach, 2 oz. chicken, 1/2 cup tomato, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/3 cup feta, 3 olives, topped with 1 tsp. olive oil and 2 tsp lemon juice), which is quite yummy.

So...a few things of note in the last couple days:

Day 5, meal 5 - awesome! A pleasant surprise for me and Tyler both. That night we had roasted halibut steaks, baked with lemon juice, olive oil, chicken broth and cherry tomatoes. The tomatoes weren't necessary, but added nice color. The fish was great, and even Tyler thought so, which totally surprised me. His favorite part of the meal was the 1/2 cup of black beans we had on the side; he says it's his new favorite thing. The downside of this meal was that we didn't eat until 10:15 at night. Yeah...not so great. But we got home late, and we were hungry, so we went for it.

Day 6, workout - way to go, me! I woke up at 7:30 yesterday morning and wasn't feeling totally into the workout. Then I got to the living room (where I workout) and realized I had forgotten to throw my workout clothes in the dryer the night before, the living room needed to be rearranged, etc., etc. before I could work out. But I did it! And it kicked my butt! Afterward I cleaned the living room, including vacuuming, which all counts as activity for the day. Go me!
Yesterday was also a really hectic day, but I planned well, and pulled it off for the most part. I had a late breakfast (goat cheese omelet), so I didn't have a morning snack. I went straight for the turkey burger lunch, and made a smoothie to take with me for my afternoon snack. (Funny side note: I was at the church all afternoon, so to keep the smoothie cold, I put it in the fridge with the wine for Mass. That made me giggle!)

Dinner last night: I did good, all things considered. Not awesome, but good. This was my first venture to a restaurant for a friend's birthday. I looked up the menu beforehand since I hadn't been to the place before. I decided on either the grilled chicken or mandarin chicken salad. When I got there, I ordered a Diet Coke, which is a no-no. I had two glasses, and Tyler immediately noticed the influx of caffeine on my system for the first time in a week by the speed of my conversation when I got home! I also had 1 shot that was bought by the table next to us.

I ordered the mandarin chicken salad, and it was delicious! It had grilled chicken, almonds, mandarin oranges and mixed greens with a honey-orange sauce. I intended to get a low-cal dressing instead of the honey-orange sauce, but they were out of their only one (low-cal vinaigrette), so I went with the sauce. It was really yummy, and tasted totally decadent after the week prior.

The thing I'm most proud of is that I have filled out my meal and workout plan for this next week. I have also made a grocery list for the week to hopefully alleviate the nightly trips to the store. I'm a little nervous for two things this week: first, my weigh-in tomorrow morning. I hope to be down 2 pounds, but you just can't ever tell until you get on the scale. I am proud of myself for fighting the urge to get on there throughout the week. The second thing I'm nervous for is that I made my meal plan for the week. With the exception of a few meals, I am sticking to suggested meals from the two plans. I just hope I'm balancing everything okay.

A couple challenges I'm anxious about this week, but planning for:
  1. I'm having lunch with a friend on Wednesday. But, I went on line and looked at the menu of the restaurant we're going to, picked out a meal, and put it in the weekly meal plan just like I would anything else. Now, we are going to Noodles & Company, so the goal is to keep Wednesday low-stress, or I could find myself with a heaping bowl of mac n' cheese and parmesean crusted chicken! No, no...I won't. I have a plan!
  2. Next weekend is our big Reunion Weekend at work. This means super long days, and usually throwing down whatever food is left at the end of the events. I've planned for it though, and have even looked at my work assignments to see where I'll be on campus to see how often I'll be able to get to food, refrigerators, etc. I can do it, I just have to plan carefully.
That's all for now!
XO ~
Coley

No comments:

Post a Comment