Monday, September 28, 2009

An Unbelievable Weigh-in!

No, really. I'm not sure I trust this morning's weigh-in. Here's how my morning went:

5:00 a.m. - alarm goes off, I hit snooze.
5:10 a.m. - alarm goes off, I begrudgingly get out of bed.
5:12 a.m. - remember that it's weigh-in day!
5:13 a.m. - strip down to my skivys, and hop on the scale. Look with disbelief at the read-out.
5:13:30 a.m. - step off the scale, step back on. Same read-out.
5:14 a.m. - step off the scale, step back on. Same read-out. . . again.
5:15 a.m. - Conversation with Tyler (which you know he was thrilled about at 5:15 a.m.!)
Me: Ty...hey...wake up.
TC: (Opens his eyes, but says nothing.)
Me: I think three things this morning:
  1. Our scale might be broken.
  2. I might have kicked ass this week.
  3. Our scale says I lost 10.5 pounds this week!
Is that possible?
TC: I kind of doubt it. But I'm still proud of you.
Me: Damn. That's what I was afraid of.

So...yeah. I guess I'm not sure where I am after the first week. I am sure I've lost weight; I can feel it in my clothes. I would be shocked if I actually lost 10.5 pounds.

Tonight I will be purchasing a new scale, and tomorrow morning I will be weighing-in again. We'll see where I'm at, and I'll decide how to move forward with gauging my weight loss.

C'est la vie!

XO ~
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment